What can you do to help our Red-tails?
- Fence off existing stands of Stringybark and Buloke and scattered paddock trees on your property, to protect from stock damage and to allow for natural regeneration.
- Increase the area of Red-tail feeding habitat by planting new stands of stringybark and Buloke.
- Protect dead and live trees with hollows.
- Where possible, avoid or minimise burning of stringybark as this substantially reduces their food supply (use minimum scorch burning: see (Recovery team guidelines for burning)
- Protect and fence off younger stands of Red-gums for roosting and to allow for future nest sites.
- Take part in the annual count for the Red-tails.
- Report all sightings of Red-tails to our freecall number 1800 262 062 or using the form here.
Next page: Report a sighting